This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Make a claim
Share |

Applying to have missing money reimbursed is simple with Money Shield:

  1. Are you owed money by an agent who belongs to the Money Shield scheme?

  2. Have you reported the missing money to the police?

  3. Complete our Claim Form. You will also need to provide bank statements showing payment patterns, a copy of your tenancy agreement if you're a tenant or a copy of your terms of business with the agent if you're a landlord.

Leave the rest to us

Claims against Money Shield members are rare as we carry out regular checks however we will reimburse missing funds for all affected landlords and tenants. An applicant can be a landlord, tenant, guarantor or a limited company, partnership or management association.

Scheme Limits

Money Shield will reimburse landlords and tenants who are out of pocket up to £5 million per year with a maximum award of £50,000 per individual claim. Unfortunately, we cannot make payments for any loss arising from war, terrorism, confiscation or nuclear risks.

How to make an application

To make an application please complete the CMP application form. Applications must be submitted within 12 months of our notification that a misappropriation has occurred. We will endeavour to complete applications as quickly as possible but it is not always within our control. Prompt responses from applicants, together with all supporting documentation will assist the process.

Claim Form

Email your Claim Form and supporting evidence to: